Eggplant is one of the staple vegetables part of the Mediterranean diet. In Southern Italy it is often used to make a simple vegetarian sauce along with tomato, garlic, and shallot. Give it a try with FiberPasta spaghetti, it'll change your life - for the better, of course!
- 1 box FiberPasta Spaghetti
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil Carmela di Caro
- 1 Eggplant
- 1 shallot chopped
- 2 large chopped tomatoes or an 8 oz can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped or pressed
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped (optional)
- Sauté shallot and garlic in olive oil over moderate heat until shallot soften.
- Dice the eggplant and add it to the shallot and garlic base, stir accurately adding salt and pepper
- After 5-6 minutes, add the tomato and cook for about 5 more minutes stirring steadily
- Bring salted water to a boil in a separate pan.
- Add the spaghetti and cook for approximately 6-7 min or al dente to lower the impact on glucose levels.
- Drain pasta and add it to the eggplant sauce.
- Top with chopped parsley and parmesan cheese to taste.