Eggplant is one of the staple vegetables in the Mediterranean diet. In southern Italy, it is often used to make a simple vegetarian sauce. Give it a try with FiberPasta spaghetti!
- 1 box FiberPasta Spaghetti
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil Carmela di Caro
- 1 eggplant
- 1 shallot chopped
- 2 large tomatoes (chopped) or an 8 oz can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped (optional)
- On medium heat, sauté the shallots and garlic in olive oil until the shallots soften.
- Dice the eggplant and add it to the shallot and garlic base. Add salt and pepper to taste. After 5-6 minutes, add the tomato and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring steadily.
- In a separate pot, bring water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook for around 6-7 minutes.
- Once al dente, drain the pasta and stir in the eggplant sauce.
- Top with chopped parsley and parmesan cheese to taste. Bon appetit!