A low fat alternative to the great classic of Italian cuisine, Bolognaise sauce - traditionally made with beef and pork meat. Hearty and yet healthy!
- 1 box FiberPasta Penne
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil Carmela di Caro
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 large chopped tomatoes or an 8 oz can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped or pressed
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan or pecorino cheese (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped (optional)
- Sauté onions, garlic and tomatoes in olive oil over moderate heat until onions soften.
- Add ground turkey and stir occasionally for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add pepper and salt to taste. Bring water to a boil in a separate pan.
- Add the pasta and cook for approximately 6-7 min or al dente to lower the impact on glucose levels.
- Drain pasta and stir it to the Bolognaise sauce.
- Top with chopped basil, parmesan or pecorino cheese to taste.