Hearty and healthy, this recipe is a low-fat alternative to a classic Italian sauce, Bolognaise - traditionally made with beef and pork.
- 1 box FiberPasta Penne
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil Carmela di Caro
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 2 large tomatoes (chopped) or an 8oz can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Grated parmesan or pecorino cheese (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped (optional)
- On medium heat, sauté the onions, garlic, and tomatoes in olive oil until onions soften.
- Add the ground turkey and stir occasionally for around 10 minutes. Add pepper and salt to taste.
- In a separate pot, bring water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Once al dente, drain the pasta. Stir in the Bolognaise sauce.
- Top with chopped basil and cheese to taste. Serve and enjoy!