We love pesto pasta, it’s delicious, easy to make, and good for your heart! With the addition of sun-dried tomatoes, this recipe is a simple, rustic, and delicious take on an Italian classic.
- 1 box FiberPasta Penne
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 6 gloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil Carmela di Caro
- Sea salt and black pepper (to taste)
- Start off by preparing your home-made pesto. Roughly chop the basil and place in a small bowl. Add in the garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Allow the pesto to sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- In a pot of boiling water, cook the pasta for around 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once al dente, drain the pasta. Stir in the pesto sauce and add the sun-dried tomatoes. Mix again and serve! If necessary, you can add an extra dash of olive oil.