We love pesto pasta. It’s delicious and easy to make. It’s also good for your heart and helps lower your risk for chronic diseases. The following is a simple, rustic, and delicious take on this Italian classic with the addition of sun dried tomatoes,
- 1/2 pound FiberPasta Penne
- Sun dried tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 6 gloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil Carmela di Caro
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Start off by preparing your home made pesto. Roughly chop basil and place in a small bowl. Add garlic and stir in olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Allow pesto to sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook FiberPasta Penne until al dente. When done, after about 10-11 minutes, strain the pasta but do not rinse thoroughly.
- Put the penne back in the pot and pur pesto over pasta while stirring. Add the sun dried tomatoes. If necessary add some olive oil and serve.